Questions About CBD
What is CBD?
What's the difference between hemp and marijuana?
Is CBD from hemp as good as CBD from marijuana?
CBD extracted from hemp or marijuana has the same quality.
Are there side effects to CBD?
How do I ensure optimal results from using CBD?
Optimizing CBD relies mostly on the method of ingestion. The order of optimal absorption methods ranking from greatest to least is: Topical / transdermal (cosmetics absorbed through the skin), vapor inhalation, and digestion (drinks & foods).
CBD alone has an absorption rate of 20%. With the addition of other cannabinoids this rate is elevated to over 90%. This means that isolates and other products with CBD isolate infusion are inferior to full spectrum CBD. This in part explains the enhanced efficacy of full spectrum CBD known as the ‘entourage effect.’
Can I mix CBD with alcohol?
There is no evidence to support negative interactions between the 2 substances. We do not have a recommendation for or against this. With that being said, please consult your physician before combining the two substances.
Who should not consume CBD?
If you’re concerned about taking CBD products, please consult your physician for more information. If you fall into any of the following categories, consult your physician before use:
- Women who are pregnant or nursing
- Those under 21 years of age
- Those taking prescription medications, especially if your medication has poor interaction with grapefruit
What's the ideal serving size for me and how often should I consume CBD?
Due to current regulations, CBD companies are not allowed to make any dosage recommendations regarding their products. With that being said, consumers can feel safe experimenting what amount works best for them. As you’ll see in any available research, there is little to no risk in taking small or large doses of CBD. We always recommend starting on the lower side and increasing your consumption as needed.
Why do people use CBD? What are the benefits of CBD and its uses?
- Battling inflammation
- Reducing pain
- Increasing energy (in small doses)
- Facilitating sleep (in larger doses)
- Aiding in muscle repair post-workout
Topical CBD may help with:
- Suppressing pain from arthritis
- Relieving chronic muscle pain
- Moisturizing dry and itchy skin
Consumable CBD for pets may help with:
- Alleviating joint pains
- Increasing overall well being and attitude
- Increasing energy (in small doses)
- Decreasing energy (in larger doses)
- Facilitating sleep
*We encourage you to do your own research before you try any CBD product.*
What type of extraction do you use and why?
This process is very simple to understand. The two primary components of CO2 extraction are temperature and pressure. CO2, a molecule that every person exhales when they breathe, is highly pressurized which turns it into a liquid. It is kept cool to maintain liquid form).
Since cannabinoids are oil in their active form, they are non-polar. At high pressures, the non-polar CO2 is ran through the plant materials and is able to extract the constituents away from the raw plant turning it into a highly concentrated solution.
After the solution has accrued all of these components, mainly CBD, the solution is then pumped from an area of high pressure to low pressure while simultaneously being heated.
This heating allows the CO2 to convert back to a gas and evaporate. At the same time, this lower pressure decreases the solubility of CO2 and the oils begin to ‘precipitate’ out.
This solution is then collected and bam… you have soothe™ CBD oil. This process yields the purest form of CBD possible with a non-toxic solvent that has no negative effects in the body.
Although this method is a bit more expensive, it provides one of the cleanest and most flavorful products possible.
Why soothe™ CBD versus other CBD?
Manufactured in the US
Full spectrum offering the entourage effect
Unique terpene profiles
- Our disposable vaporizers are currently available in snoozeberry (a combination of Strawberry OG and Blueberry OG terpenes) and sunkiss (a combination of Pineapple OG and Agent Orange terpenes).
- Our tincture is only available in organic peppermint flavor.
- Our pet tincture is only available in organic bacon flavor.
Will I experience a 'high' while using any soothe™ products?
- Soothe™ CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, which yields a product with such a small amount of THC prevalent that it has no biological activity in the body.
- Our CBD will provide you with mental clarity and an accompanying feeling of relaxation with no high! In fact, CBD operates along the same neurological pathway as THC and has been demonstrated to reduce its effects.
Why am I not feeling the desired effect?
If you feel you are not experiencing the expected effects of CBD, we recommend to incrementally increase your doses until you have reached the desired effects. Be sure to start at a lower dose and gradually increase the dose to feel the desired effects rather than starting at a high dose and taking less the next time.
Will soothe™ CBD affect my ability to function?
No. It will enhance your ability to function. CBD may alleviate stress, which allows greater focus and mental clarity. CBD may have the unique ability to relax the central nervous system. Given our inability to advise in dosing, we suggest finding the sweet spot for our products is an experimental process starting on the lower side. Once again, you can feel safe that there is no toxic dose of CBD.
Is the milligram of CBD advertised on soothe™ products referring to the serving size or the entire product?
For all of our products, the CBD milligram amount listed on the product applies to the entire product, not per serving. Serving sizes vary by product. Each product label indicates the number of servings per container.
Can I pass a drug test while using soothe™ products?
- The legal standard for most drug tests is 0.3% THC, whereas all of our soothe™ CBD products contain less than .08% THC.
- Due to the fact that soothe™ products are full-spectrum CBD, there is an extremely low chance that consuming could trigger a positive drug test. If you are concerned with potential results, you should consult with your doctor and/or your employer.
Hardware Related Questions
What type of battery is used in the soothe™ puff disposable vaporizer?
210 mAh disposable lithium battery
What type of atomizer is in the soothe™ puff disposable vaporizer?
Ceramic atomizer with a cotton wick to absorb the CBD.
How much CBD is in each soothe™ puff disposable vaporizer?
- There are 125mg in each unit
- There is 0.5 milliliters in each unit
How many puffs should I expect to get out of each disposable vaporizer?
- Each unit should produce 100-125 puffs
Legality / Compliance Related Questions
Are your products legal in the United States?
Yes. Our CBD is derived from the hemp plant, in contrast to the cannabis plant, making all infused products legal to purchase in all 50 states. In the United States, the use of industrial hemp categorizes the oil as "food-based / dietary supplements.”
Have products on soothelife.com been approved by the FDA?
At the moment, there are no CBD based products approved by the FDA. However, CBD products are stringently regulated and must comply with the provisions of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act which is a piece of legislation created and monitored by the FDA.
Do I need a medical marijuana card to buy any products on soothelife.com?
No. Anyone who is 18 years of age or older can purchase products on soothelife.com.
Shipping Related Questions
How are soothe™ products packed and shipped?
All soothe™ products are shipped through USPS with the following options:
- USPS First Class Package
- USPS Priority Mail
- USPS Priority Mail Express
What is your shipping policy?
- USA shipping only
- Free shipping on orders over $60
- Free returns
My package was not delivered by the expected delivery date. What can I do about this?
Keep in mind USPS may experience delays when shipping your package. If your order has experienced a delay, please contact USPS or your local post office.
When can I expect my order to be shipped?
Most orders are shipped the same day or by the next business day.
I am trying to purchase overseas. Why won't it let me complete my order?
Unfortunately, we do not ship internationally.
Return Policy Related Questions
How do I return an order?
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
What items are returnable?
All items are returnable but must be:
- Sent back within 30 days of receipt of your shipment
- In original packaging and condition
Are there any charges for returns?
- There are no charges for returns
- Original shipping fees are non-refundable
How soon will I get my refund?
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you we received your returned. We will also notify you the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to the original payment method within 10 business days.
How can I reach out about other questions related to returns?
- Contact us via email at email@example.com with your full name and order number. We will get back to you as soon as possible, often within one business day.
- Contact us via our customer support phone at 484.441.3809.
- Contact us via live chat on soothelife.com